Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Newsletter

I want to WELCOME your child to my class. We are going to have a great year!!

Reminders
Spare clothing
If you have not already, please send a change of all weather clothing to school with your child in a large zip lock bag labeled with their name on it. We will keep the clothing in cubbies for emergencies.

Shoes
Please send your child to school
in shoes other than flip flops.
It makes it very difficult to participate in large motor activities and our playground is full of wood chips that get into shoes easily.

Diapers & wipes
If your child is still in diapers please send at least 5 diapers in their backpacks, daily. Please also include a package of wipes. It is important that your child bring a backpack every day they come to school. We do not have spare diapers for use.

Notes/Communication
I will be sending home a daily journal to communicate to you about your child’s day.
Please take a few minutes to read the daily journal and wipe it off to return to school daily. If you need to send a note to the teacher please attach it to the daily journal. Also if I am missing any paperwork, I will send what I need home. Please fill it out and return as soon as possible. It is very important I have the paperwork on file.

Toys
Please do not send toys to school with your child. I do not allow outside toys unless it is a special occasion that you will be notified of in advance. All toys that do not belong to the preschool will be put in backpacks. Please also check for preschool toys that may accidentally be taken home. Some times toys can slip into pockets where they do not belong.

Snack
If you would like to help us out with our snack supply please feel free to send a donation to school with your child. Here are some snack ideas; graham crackers, marshmallows, ritz crackers, pretzels, animals cookies, fish crackers, fruit snacks etc. We would appreciate it.


Email
I am always available via email. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. You can also call me by phone. I am at the school from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. However, please do not call during class to discuss your child unless it is an emergency. I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your child.

Class Blog
Our class blog is
missginasclass.blogspot.com.
I will post our monthly newsletters as well as fun activities that we are doing. If you have internet access, please log on and check it out. This will be a way of sharing extra activities going on in class besides our monthly newsletter.

Monthly Themes/Activities
During the month of September, we will be learning about our schedule at school, reviewing our class rules, getting to know our school, and making friends with new teachers and peers.
We will also be learning about Transportation, and Community Helpers. Hopefully we will be able to have some people in our community come and tell us about their jobs.
It should be lots of fun!
Other skills we will be focusing on during the month will be; following directions, asking for help, choosing activities, taking turns, and making friends. These are also great skills to focus on at home to reinforce what is being taught at school. We will be reading lots of fun stories, learning new songs, and playing games.
I am really excited for this year. We have a great staff, great students and great parents. Thank you for your help and support, and the opportunity to work with your child.

Miss Gina
Miss Elisa
Miss Angie

No comments: